Thursday, September 17, 2009

Almost time!

With only two days until I leave, I'm VERY excited to be joining the rest of the LEAD staff soon. I'm stressing a bit over all the last minute details related to pulling up roots and heading overseas for a year but its finally all coming together.

Today's most exciting errand was to the Schulers to pick up a number of recommended books which ought to keep me occupied for quite some time. Stay tuned for book reviews!

A word on the blog title. Follow the LEADer later occurred to me as a bit ironic. Reeds in the Wind, A Lion in Africa? Please, I could never come up with something that clever but with all the pressure to come up with something unique this was the best I could come up with! :) In fact, in the coming year I hope to be doing everything BUT leading. Be sure to check out the staff photos on the LEAD website to see the folks I'll be working with. I've heard nothing but impressive things about them and their work and I can't wait to join them and learn what I can!

Anywho, equipped with a good book list, a Liberian visa, a great group of friends and family supporting me and my new chacos I'm feeling ready to take on this new opportunity. Please stay tuned for more updates, stories and photos of my time in Liberia!

No comments:

Post a Comment