Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Zero Day

After a great two and a half months back home in Michigan and Ontario, today I head back to West Africa! Thanks so much to everyone, its been great seeing you all and catching up. Lets keep in touch (stay tuned for SO many blog posts...) and as always, I envy your thoughts, prayers and encouragement.

At 5:30 I fly out of Grand Rapids for Atlanta, where I'll catch a connecting flight to Accra, Ghana. I'll stay there for a few days, sharing some ideas with the Partners Worldwide affiliate Hopeline Institute - and catching up with Ghana! - before heading on to Monrovia's Spriggs Airfield on Saturday.

Wish me well on this next six months, and keep me in your thoughts and prayers particularly today as I attempt to make my way onto Delta's flights and into Ghana without a Ghanaian visa... Yea, its embarrassing, but since I have my Liberian residency permit, getting a Ghanaian visa was not on my mind until Thursday, when it was too late to send my passport off to Washington. I can get a visa upon arrival from the Ghanaian immigration, who will surely penalize me financially for my foolishness, but the bigger concern is the Delta staff, who may not allow me to board without the visa. Hopefully, the proof of my onward ticket to Liberia on Ethiopian Airlines, a letter of invitation from the Hopeline Institute, and my boyish good looks will get me through.

So here's hoping. I hope to update you soon, from Ghana, to let you all know its been a success. Why do I do this to myself?

1 comment:

  1. We'll be praying for you today! (well, and always :). Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete