Tuesday, April 5, 2011

weekend, staff meeting

Its been a week since the last post and I don't have anything particularly enlightening to post so I thought I'd share a few photos from last weekend. The raft is coming along, with all the barrels in place, and the bracing is done. This week it gets another coat of rustproofing and it slides into the water on Saturday. From there we'll install the deck, railing, motor mounts and all that. During today's three hour staff meeting I made drawings of the pieces I to (try to) weld together a 'Danforth' anchor.

The meeting was quite long, but not unproductive. For my part, I had the Program Managers summarize the activities of the mentoring relationships in their respective counties. I talked about how the peer mentoring launch is coming along, and I reminded everyone that all the counties will be doing the same program next time around. Next month, on the Monday before the first Tuesday of the month staff meeting I'm trying to get all the Program Managers and Education Coordinators in town for a train-the-trainers session to cover the mentoring program handbook.

I'd like to find an air-conditioned, quiet and remote location; one where I can provide lunch and make it feel professional so that I can have the attention I need to go over the whole program. Its the subtle efforts that make all the difference! I wouldn't have wanted to go through all that effort a year and a half ago, but sometimes its really worth it. My hope is that the Montserrado County guys can cover the lessons we're already gone through together in the NEI class, and I can fill in the rest.


Brett on the barge.

The view looking up the St. Paul River, with the Unity Conference Center off to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment